- Halmi, Robert, Sr.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.)
- United States
- Organization: (naf) Hallmark Entertainment (Firm)
- (lcsh) Photographers
- (lcsh) Television producers and directors
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: His Guide to photographing women, 1956.
- found: Wesley, K. The monkey king, 2001: cover, p. 1 (introduction by Robert Halmi, Sr.) p.  (Robert Halmi, Sr., Chairman, Hallmark Entertainment, Inc.; executive producer, The monkey king)
- found: Biogr. resource center, May 14, 2003 (Robert Halmi; also known as Robert Halmi, Sr.; b. Jan. 22, 1924 in Budapest, Hungary; son of a photographer (Bela) and a writer/theatre critic (Sarah); immigrated to the U.S.; married four times; four children; television and film producer; other writings include Into your hand are they delivered (1969), In the wilds of Africa (1969), In the wilds of North America (1971), Zoos of the world (1975), Photographing women simplified (1976), Visit to a chief's son (n.d.; novel), Sports cars of the world (n.d.))
- found: New York times (online), viewed Aug. 4, 2014 (in obituary published Aug. 1: Robert Halmi Sr.; b. Jan. 22, 1924, Budapest; moved to New York, 1950; d. Wednesday [July 30, 2014], Manhattan, aged 90; Hungarian-born, adventure-loving photographer for Life and other magazines who in a second career after age 50 became one of television's most prolific producers of movies and mini-series, often adapted from literature)
- 1980-08-19: new
- 2014-08-04: revised