Fienberg, Stephen E.
Fienberg, Stephen E.
- Fienberg, S. E. (Stephen E.)
- (edtf) 1942-11-27
- (edtf) 2016-12-14
- Organization: University of Toronto
- Organization: Harvard University
- Organization: Carnegie-Mellon University
- Organization: American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Organization: American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Organization: American Statistical Association
- Organization: Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- Organization: National Academy of Sciences (U.S.)
- Organization: Royal Society of Canada
Field of Activity
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Bishop, Y. M. M. Discrete multivariate ... 1974.
- found: Indicators of crime and criminal justice, 1980: t.p. (Stephen E. Fienberg) CIP data (b. Nov. 27, 1942)
- found: A Statistical model, 1990: t.p. (S.E. Fienberg) t.p. verso (Stephen E. Fienberg)
- found: Biog. resource center (AMWS), Nov. 13, 2008 (Fienberg, Stephen Elliott; b. Nov. 27, 1942, Toronto, Ont.; Harvard Univ., Ph. D. (statist), 1968; Maurice Falk university professor of statistics and social sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, 1997- )
- found: Wikipedia, viewed 10 February 2017: Stephen Fienberg (Stephen Elliott Fienberg; one of the foremost social statisticians in the world; born 27 November 1942, Toronto, Ontario; earned a B.Sc. in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Toronto in 1964, and an M.A. in Statistics in 1965 and a Ph.D. in Statistics in 1968 from Harvard University; on the Carnegie Mellon University faculty from 1980, where he was the Maurice Falk University Professor of Statistics and Social Science in the Department of Statistics; became a U.S. citizen in 1998; authored more than 400 publications, including six books, and advised more than 30 Ph.D. students; fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, of the American Statistical Association, of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and of the Royal Society of Canada, and a member of the National Academy of Sciences; died 14 December 2016, Pittburgh, Pennsylvania)
- found: Amicus database, 10 February 2017 (access points: Fienberg, Stephen E., Fienberg, Stephen E., 1942- , Fienberg, Stephen E. (Stephen Elliott), 1942- )
- 1980-05-15: new
- 2017-03-01: revised