Avram, Henriette D.
Avram, Henriette D.
- Davidson, Henriette Regina
- (naf) New York (N.Y)
- (naf) Miami (Fla.)
- Organization: (naf) Library of Congress
Field of Activity
- (lcsh) MARC formats
- (lcsh) Computer programmers
- (lcsh) Computer scientists
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: The identification of data elements in bibliographic records, 1967.
- found: Biog. resource center, Apr. 24, 2006 (Henriette Davidson Avram; b. Oct. 7, 1919, New York, N.Y.; ret., Libr. Congress, 1992; assoc. libr. Collection Svcs., Libr. of Congress, Washington, 1989-92)
- found: DLC email, Apr. 22, 2006 (d. Apr. 21, 2006; Miami, Fla.)
- found: Washington post WWW site, Apr. 28, 2006 (Henriette D. Avram; Henriette Davidson Avram; b. Oct. 7, 1919, New York; d. Apr. 22, Miami, aged 86; her far-reaching work at the Library of Congress replaced ink-on-paper card catalogues and revolutionized cataloguing systems at libraries worldwide)
- found: New York times WWW site, May 3, 2006 (Henriette D. Avram; b. Henriette Regina Davidson, Oct. 7, 1919, Manhattan; m. Herbert Mois Avram, 1941; d. Apr. 22, Miami, aged 86; systems analyst who four decades ago transformed millions of dog-eared catalog cards in the Library of Congress into a searchable electronic database, and in the process helped transform the gentle art of librarianship into the sleek new field of information science)
- found: Wikipedia, Oct. 28, 2013 (Henriette Davidson Avram; born October 7, 1919 in New York City; died April 22, 2006 in Miami; a computer programmer and systems analyst who developed the MARC format (Machine Readable Cataloging), which is the national and international data standard for bibliographic and holdings information in libraries. Avram's development of the MARC format in the late 1960s and early 1970s at the Library of Congress had a revolutionizing effect on the practice of librarianship, making possible the automation of many library functions and making it possible to share information electronically between libraries using pre-existing cataloging standards)
- 1980-06-12: new
- 2014-10-14: revised