Library of Congress

Authorities & Vocabularies

The Library of Congress > Linked Data Service > LC Name Authority File

From Library of Congress Name Authority File

us: Graphische Sammlung Albertina

  • URI(s)

  • Instance Of

  • Scheme Membership(s)

  • Collection Membership(s)

  • Variants

    • us: Albertina (Museum)
    • us: Albertina Wien
  • Additional Information

    • Activity Start

    • Descriptor

        (lcsh) Art museums
    • Associated Locale

        Vienna, Austria
    • Has Affiliation

        • Affiliation Address: Albertinaplatz 1 , Vienna 1010
        • Affiliation Address:
        • City: Vienna
        • Post Code: 1010
    • Associated Language

    • Field of Activity

        (lcsh) Art--Exhibitions
    • Additonal Related Forms

      • us: Erzherzogliche Kunstsammlung Albertina
    • Earlier Established Forms

        Vienna. Albertina
    • Sources

      • found: Birke, V. Guido Reni, Zeichnungen, 1981: title page (Graphische Sammlung Albertina)
      • found: Handb. d. Museen (Graphische Sammlung Albertina)
      • found: Museen Österr.: page 147 (Graphische Sammlung Albertina; f. by Albrecht von Sachsen-Teschen; since 1822 open to public; since 1919 state owned)
      • found: LC manual cat. (access point: Vienna. Albertina; usage: Graphische Sammlung Albertina; Erzherzogliche Kunstsammlung Albertina)
      • found: Alex Katz, c2004: title page verso (Albertina, Wien)
      • found: Albertina WWW site, viewed May 23, 2013: homepage (Albertina, Albertinaplatz 1, 1010 Vienna, Austria) history page (the Albertina is named after Herzog Albert von Sachsen-Teschen who started the collection; in 1919 the Republic of Austria expropriated the palace and the collection and henceforth named it "Graphische Sammlung Albertina")
      • notfound: Erzherzogliche Kunstsammlung Albertina. Technische Entwicklung der Graphik, 1908?: cover (Albertina)Brockhaus Enzykl., 1928 (Albertina; after the death of Herzog Albert v. Sachsen-Teschen (1822) the collection was owned successively by Herzog Harl, Albrecht, and Friedrich; in 1919 it became state owned)
    • Change Notes

      • 1980-12-11: new
      • 2013-05-24: revised
    • Alternate Formats