Vance, Jack, 1916-2013
Vance, Jack, 1916-2013
- Vance, John Holbrook, 1916-2013
- Vance, John Holbrook, 1916-
- ואנס, ג׳ק, 1916-
- San Francisco, Calif.
- Oakland, Calif.
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Vance, John Holbrook, 1916-Vance, John Holbrook,1916-
- found: His The man in the cage, 1960.
- found: Phone call to author, 1/14/86 (Jack Vance; b. date is 1916, not withstanding citation in some books, ref. sources as b. 1920)
- found: a.k.a., also known as : author pseudonyms, aliases, nicknames, working names, legalized names, pen names, noms de plume, maiden names-- etc., via WWW, Jan. 10, 2006 (Vance, John Holbrook (1916-): Peter Held, John Holbrook, Ellery Queen, John van See, Jack Vance, Alan Wade)
- found: Wikipedia, Jan. 10, 2006 (entry under Jack Vance: John Holbrook Vance (b. Aug. 28, 1916 in San Francisco, California; various alternative birthdates between 1916 and 1920 have been cited in different sources); writes chiefly under his informal name, Jack Vance. In past years he wrote mysteries under his full formal name and also as Ellery Queen, Alan Wade, Peter Held, and John van See)
- found: The house on Lily Street, 1979: t.p. (John Holbrook Vance)
- found: Guardian (online), viewed May 30, 2013 (Jack (John Holbrook) Vance, Aug. 28, 1916, Pacific Heights, San Francisco; d. May 26, 2013; master of bold and bizarre science fiction)
- found: MercuryNews.com, viewed May 30, 2013 (Jack Vance; b. in San Francisco; d. Sunday evening [May 26, 2013], Oakland, aged 96; award-winning mystery, fantasy, and science fiction author who wrote more than 60 books; Jack Vance, whose legal name was John Holbrook [Vance], published most of his work as Jack Vance, but he also wrote 11 mysteries as John Holbrook Vance and three as Ellery Queen, as well as books under the pen names of Alan Wade, Peter Held, John van See, and Jay Kavanse, according to the Jack Vance website, which is maintained by family and friends)
- found: Gale biography in context, viewed May 30, 2013 (Jack Vance; b. Aug. 28, 1916, San Francisco; son of Charles Albert and Edith Vance)
- found: New York times (online), viewed June 3, 2013 (in obituary published June 2: Jack Vance; b. John Holbrook Vance, Aug. 28, 1916, San Francisco; d. Sunday [May 26, 2013], Oakland, Calif., aged 96; used his full given name, as well as pseudonyms, on some of his books)
[Pseudonyms not found on published works: Jay Kavanse; John van See] [Machine-derived non-Latin script reference project.] [Non-Latin script reference not evaluated.]
- 1979-04-12: new
- 2013-06-03: revised