Forrester, Jay W.
Forrester, Jay W.
- Forrester, J. W.
- Forrester, Jay Wright
- (edtf) 1918-07-14
- (edtf) 2016-11-16
- Organization: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Organization: Sloan School of Management
Field of Activity
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Rego, J.C. El modelo urbano de Forrester, 1983: leaf 1 (Jay Forrester)
- found: His Principes des systèmes, c1984: t.p. (J.W. Forrester)
- found: Industrial dynamics, 1961: title page (Jay W. Forrester)
- found: Last call, 2013: title frame (Jay Forrester)
- found: Principles of systems, 1968: title page (Jay W. Forrester)
- found: Wikipedia, Oct. 11, 2013 (Jay Wright Forrester (born July 14, 1918) is a pioneer American computer engineer, systems scientist and was a professor at the MIT Sloan School of Management. Forrester is known as the founder of System Dynamics, which deals with the simulation of interactions between objects in dynamic systems. Forrester was born on a farm near Anselmo, Nebraska; was educated at MIT in electrical engineering, where he spent his entire career. In 1956, Forrester moved to the MIT Sloan School of Management, where he is currently Germeshausen Professor Emeritus and Senior Lecturer)
- found: OCLC database, Oct. 11, 2013 (Forrester, Jay W., Forrester, J.W. ; usage: Jay W. Forrester, J.W. Forrester)
- found: New York times WWW site, viewed Nov. 18, 2016 (in obituary published Nov. 17: Jay W. Forrester; b. Jay Wright Forrester, July 14, 1918, on his family's cattle ranch, 18 miles from the nearest town, Anselmo, Neb.; d. Wednesday [Nov. 16, 2016], Concord, Mass., aged 98; electrical engineer whose insights into both computing and organizations more than 60 years ago gave rise to a field of computer modeling that examines the behavior of things as specific as a corporation and as broad as global growth)
- 1979-11-01: new
- 2016-11-18: revised