George Philip & Son
George Philip & Son
- Philip & Son
- George Philip and Son
- Philip (George) and Son, ltd.
- George Philip (Firm)
- George Philip Ltd.
- Bō̜risat Yō̜t Filip ʻǣn San
- George Philip Limited
- (edtf) 1987
Additonal Related Forms
- Philip's (Firm)
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
Philip (George) and Son, ltd.Philip (George) and Son, ltd.
- found: Methodist book depot. The West African atlas ... 1943.
- found: Philips' atlas of Britain & the world, c1988: t.p. (George Philip, London) copr. (George Philip Ltd.) jkt. (George Philip and Son, map publishers for more than 150 years)
- found: Dir. of publ., 1988 (George Philip and Son Ltd.; London; associated/subsidiary cos. include: George Philip Services Ltd.; George Philip Cartographic Services Ltd.)
- found: Phǣnthī lēm chut lōk khō̜ng rao, 1989- : v. 1, t.p. verso (George Philip and Son Ltd., London [in rom.]; Bō̜risat Yō̜t Filip ʻǣn San)
- found: Philip's concise world atlas, 1993: t.p. verso (George Philip Limited; Philip's)
- found: Oxford Atlas of the World, c2015: t.p. verso (Philip's, a division of Octopus Publishing Group Limited) copyright statement (cartography is by Philip's; Philip's)
- found: Hachette UK web site, Dec. 30, 2015: under Octopus Publishing group--publisher of illustrated books (“Philip's is one of Britain's best-known map, atlas and reference book publishers. It publishes many long-established market-leading titles such as the Philip's Navigator Britain road atlas, its bestselling Street Atlas series, the Philip's Universal Atlas of the World, Sir Patrick Moore's Atlas of the Universe and the Philip's Modern School Atlas.”)
- found: Philip's web site, Dec. 30, 2015: who we are (Philip's is one of Britain's best-known map, atlas and reference book publishers, with long-established market leaders such as the classic Philip's modern school atlas, now in its 95th edition, Philip's universal atlas of the world, Philip's natural history guides ... )
- found: Wikipedia, Dec. 30, 2015: under George Philip (George Philip (1800-1882) was a cartographer and map publisher. He had one son, also George (1823-1902), who was admitted to the business in 1848. The eventual company, George Philip & Son Ltd, continued to operate successfully until in 1987 when it was sold to Reed International where it continued to trade as George Philip Ltd. In 1998, following a management buy-out of the Illustrated books division, Philip's became part of the Octopus Publishing Group. Hachette Livre acquired the group in 2001)
- 1980-02-13: new
- 2015-12-30: revised