King, B. B.
King, B. B.
- King, Riley B.
- King, Blues Boy
- found: B.B. King live at the Regal. [Phonodisc] 1965.
- found: B.B. King anthology, c1992: t.p. (B.B. King) p. 77 (nickname B.B. short for Blues Boy)
- found: AMG, Aug. 13, 2009 (B.B. King; b. Riley B. King, Sept. 16, 1925, Indianola, Miss.)
- found: Oxford music online, January 15, 2014: Grove music online (King, B. B. (Riley B.); born September 16, 1925, Itta Bena, MS; American blues singer and guitarist) Enc. of popular music, 4th ed. (King, B. B.; born Riley B. King, September 16, 1925, Indianola, Miss.)
- found: B.B. King WWW site, January 15, 2014 (B.B. King; Riley B. King; born September 16, 1925, on a plantation in Itta Bena, Mississippi, near Indianola)
- found: New York times (online), viewed May 15, 2015 (B.B. King; b. Riley B. King (the middle initial apparently did not stand for anything), Sept. 16, 1925, Berclair, Miss., a hamlet outside the small town of Itta Bena; d. Thursday [May 14, 2015], Las Vegas, aged 89; his world-weary voice and wailing guitar lifted him from the cotton fields of Mississippi to a global stage and the apex of American blues; B.B. stood for Blues Boy, a name he took with his first taste of fame in the 1940s)
- 1982-02-26: new
- 2015-05-15: revised