Library of Congress

Authorities & Vocabularies

The Library of Congress > Linked Data Service

From Library of Congress Name Authority File

us: Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij

  • URI(s)

  • Instance Of

  • Scheme Membership(s)

  • Collection Membership(s)

  • Variants

    • us: Royal Dutch Petroleum Company
    • us: Royal Dutch-Shell Group
    • us: Grupo Royal Dutch Shell
    • us: Koninklijke Nederlandse Petroleum Maatschappij
    • us: Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij, Koninklijke
    • us: Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies
    • us: Koninklijke/Shell Groep
    • us: N.V. Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij
  • Additional Information

  • Use For

  • Related Terms

  • Additonal Related Forms

  • Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes

  • Sources

    • found: Its Report, 1919-
    • found: The Petroleum handbook, 1983: CIP t.p. (Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies)
    • found: Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij verslag, 2003: p. 6 (The Shell group of companies grew out of the 1907 alliance between Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij (Royal Dutch Petroleum Company, Shell) in The Netherlands and the Shell Transport and Trading Company in the UK. Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij (60% of shares) and the Shell Transport and Trading Company (40% of shares) serve as holding companies for the two parent companies, Shell Petroleum N.V. (Netherlands) and Shell Petroleum Company Limited (UK), which oversee production. The Group has five core businesses: Exploration and Production (Exploratie en Productie), Oil Products (Olie Producten), Chemicals (Chemie), Downstream Gas and Electricity, and Renewable Energy (Duurzame Energie). There are many subsidiary companies operating all over the world.)
    • found: Royal Dutch Shell plc. Annual report and form 20-F for the year ended, Dec. 31, 2005: p. 6 (in 2005, Royal Dutch Shell became the single, 100% parent company of Royal Dutch Petroleum Co. and Shell Transport & Trading Co. Ltd.; Royal Dutch Petroleum Co. then bought Shell Transport & Trading Co. and was subsequently merged into its subsidiary Shell Petroleum N.V., leaving Royal Dutch Shell owning Shell Petroleum N.V. and the latter owning Shell Transport & Trading Co. Ltd.)
    • found: The unification of N.V. Koninklijke Nederlandse Petroleum Maatschappij ..., 2005: p. 156 (N.V. Koninklijke Nederlandse Petroleum Maatschappij; est. 16 juni 1890 in The Hague)
    • found: The new encyclopædia Britannica, 1997: micropædia, v. 10, p. 218, etc. (Koninklijke Nederlandsche Maatschappij tot Exploitatie van Petroleumbronnen in Nederlandsch-Indië, est. 1890, name change 1949 to: Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij, beginning in 1907 formed part of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group or Koninklijke Nederlandsche/Shell Groep along with the Shell Transport and Trading Company, PLC, of London)
    • found: Its Annual report 1995: t.p. (Royal Dutch Petroleum Company; N.V. Koninklijke Nederlandsche Petroleum Maatschappij) t.p. verso (Royal Dutch Petroleum Company has no operations of its own; its income derives from its 60% interest in the companies known collectively as the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies; the other 40% is owned by The "Shell" Transport and Trading Company, p.l.c., an English company; Royal Dutch is a parent Company of the Group but not itself part of the Group; The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies has grown out of the 1907 alliance between Royal Dutch Petroleum Company and The "Shell" Transport and Trading Company, p.l.c., by which the two companies agreed to merge their interests on 60:40 basis while keeping their separate identities) p.7 (Royal Dutch is a holding company which, in conjunction with The "Shell" Transport and Trading Company, p.l.c., owns investments in the numerous companies of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group; The Hague)
  • Change Notes

    • 1983-06-24: new
    • 2014-10-30: revised
  • Alternate Formats