The Library of Congress > Linked Data Service > LC Name Authority File (LCNAF)

Sudova Vyshni︠a︡ (Ukraine)


  • URI(s)

  • Instance Of

  • Scheme Membership(s)

  • Collection Membership(s)

  • Variants

    • Sudovai︠a︡ Vishni︠a︡ (Ukraine)
    • Sudovaya Vishnya (Ukraine)
    • Sądowa Wisznia (Ukraine)
    • Sondova Vishnya (Ukraine)
    • Wisznia (Ukraine)
    • Sudovaya Vishna (Ukraine)
    • Sudova Vyshnya (Ukraine)
    • Sudova Vyšnja (Ukraine)
  • Additional Information

    • Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes

    • Earlier Established Forms

      • Sudovai︠a︡ Vishni︠a︡ (Ukraine)
    • Sources

      • found: Chavs, P. U vyri z︠h︡ytti︠a︡ ta Mostyshchyna i Sudovovyshenshchyna, 1976 (subj.)t.p. (Sudovovyshenshchyna) added t.p. (Sudova Vyshnia)
      • found: Ukr. rad. ent︠s︡ykl.:v. 11, pt. 1, p. 49 (Sudova Vyshni︠a︡ (until 1545 named Vyshni︠a︡ [no publs. in LC data base]), a city in Mostysʹkyĭ raĭon in Lʹvivsʹka olbastʹ. It was first mentioned as Vyshni︠a︡ in the Halyt︠s︡ʹko-Volynsʹkyĭ litopys of 1230. In 1349 the town was seized by Poland, and in 1368 it was granted Magdeburg law. After the first partition of Poland in 1772 Sudova Vyshni︠a︡ became part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. In 1919 the town was again taken by Polish forces. In 1939, as part of Western Ukraine, Sudova Vyshni︠a︡ was reunited with Soviet Ukraine, and in 1940 it was granted city status)
      • found: Ukraïna [MAP], 1992:(Sudova Vyshni︠a︡; city in Lʹvivsʹka oblastʹ)
      • found: Ukraïna, ohli︠a︡dova mapa, 1994:p. 42 (Sudova Vyshni︠a︡)
      • found: Encyc. of Ukraine:v. 5, p. 96 (Sudova Vyshnia [Sudova Vyšnja], a city on the Vyshnia River in Mostyska raion, Lviv oblast. It was first msqentioned in historical documents as Vyshni︠a︡ [no publs. in LC data base] in 1230. From 1349 it was under Polish rule, and in 1368 it was granted the rights of Magdeburg law. From 1443 it was the site of dietines for nobles from Rus' voivodeship--hence the name Sudova [from Sud 'Court'], which was added to Vyshnia in 1545. From 1772 to 1918 it belonged to Austria [later Austria-Hyngary], and was again under Polish rule in the interwar period)
      • found: BGN per mail 6/15/83(Sudovaya Vishnya, ppl., 49°47ʹN 23°228E; variants: Sądowa Wisznia, Sondova Vishnya, Wisznia, Sudovaya Vishna, Sudova Vyshnya)
      • found: GeoNames, algorithmically matched, 2009(ppl; 49°47ʹ00ʺN 023°22ʹ00ʺE)
    • Change Notes

      • 1983-07-07: new
      • 2010-05-16: revised
    • Alternate Formats