- Gray, Russell, 1901-1956
- Tram, 1901-1956
- Trombar, Frank
- Trumbauer, Frank, 1901-1956
- Trumbauer, Frankie
- Carbondale, Ill.
- Kansas City, Mo.
Field of Activity
- Frankie Trumbauer's Orchestra
- found: Beiderbecke, B. The golden age of Bix Beiderbecke [SR] p1983: container (Frank Trumbauer and his orchestra)
- found: Beiderbecke, B. Bix and Tram [SR] 1969?: label (Tram) container (Frankie Trumbauer, known as Tram)
- found: New Grove dict. of jazz (Trumbauer, Frankie (Frank; Trombar, Frank; Tram); b. May 30, 1901, Carbondale, IL, d. June 11, 1956, Kansas City, MO; alto and C-melody saxophonist)
- found: Beiderbecke, B. The complete OKeh and Brunswick Bix Beiderbecke, Frank Trumbauer and Jack Teagarden sessions (1924-36) [SR] p2001: booklet, p. 31 ("The pseudonym 'Russell Gray' (used here for Trumbauer) was actually a trombonist who OKeh's recording supervisor Tommy Rockwell had known years before [i.e before 1927] while he was a drummer back in Minnesota")
- found: Columbia basic library of classic jazz [SR] 1957: label (Frankie Trumbauer's Orchestra)
- 1984-05-03: new
- 2013-01-08: revised