Hunwick, John O.
Hunwick, John O.
- Hunwick, J. O. (John O.)
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Maghili, M.b. A.al-K. Sharīʻa in Songhay, c1985: t.p. (John O. Hunwick)
- found: LC data base, 10-10-85 (hdg.: Hunwick, J.O.)
- found: His West Africa and the Arab world, 1991: t.p. (John Owen Hunwick)
- found: Jews of a Saharan oasis, c2005: ECIP t.p. (John Hunwick) data view (professor emeritus, Northwestern Univ.)
- found: BGMI, Oct. 31, 2008 (Hunwick, John O. (1936-); Hunwick, John Owen)
- found: Northwestern University, Department of History website, viewed May 12, 2014 (John Hunwick; PhD Univ. of London, 1974; holds joint appt. in Dept. of Religion; teaches and researches the social and intellectual history of Islamic Africa)
- found: African studies review, 50:3, Dec. 2007, (review of Hunwick's Jews of a Saharan oasis, 2006), viewed online May 12, 2014: p. 168 (in the 1960s Hunwick pioneered the use of Arabic sources for writing African history)
- found: Wikipedia, May 12, 2014 (John Hunwick; b. 1936 in Chard, Somerset, England; professor, author, Africanist; studied Arabic at SOAS, Univ. of London, 1956-1959; taught Arabic at Univ. of Ibadan, Nigeria (then University College, a branch of the Univ. of London), 1960-1967; estab. Dept. of Arabic and Islamic Studies, and Centre of Arabic Documentation for microfilming of Arabic manuscripts; taught Arabic at SOAS for 2 years, then taught in Ghana while working on his PhD thesis, approved at SOAS in 1974, basis of his book Shari'a in Songhay; retired from Northwestern in 2004 after 23 years of service, prof. emeritus there)
- 1985-10-15: new
- 2014-05-13: revised