Reddy, E. S.
Reddy, E. S.
- Reddy, Enuga S.
- Reddy, Enugu Sreenivasulu
- (naf) India
- (naf) United States
- (naf) New York (N.Y.)
- Organization: (naf) United Nations. General Assembly. Special Committee against Apartheid
- Organization: (naf) United Nations Centre Against Apartheid
Field of Activity
- (lcsh) Apartheid
- (lcsh) Civil rights--South Africa
- (lcsh) Political activists
- (lcsh) Anti-apartheid activists
- found: His Apartheid, c1986: t.p. (E.S. Reddy, former prin. secy., UN Spec. Committee Against Apartheid)
- found: nuc88-85955: His India and the struggle against apartheid, 1985 (usage on CSt-Law rept.: Enuga S. Reddy)
- found: South African History Online, Oct. 16, 2015 (Enuga Sreenivasulu Reddy, affectionately known as ES Reddy; political activist in the South African freedom movement; played a central role in promoting international sanctions against South Africa; arrived in the U.S. Mar. 1946; did an internship at the U.N. in 1948, obtained a position in May 1949 as a researcher in the Section for Middle East and Africa, Department of Political and Security Council Affairs; he worked at the U.N. for 35 years, Assistant Secretary-General 1983-1985; his papers have been donated to Yale University Library, the Nehru Memorial Museum (New Delhi), the Universities of Witwatersrand and Durban-Westville, etc.; resides in New York)
- found: Wikipedia, Oct. 16, 2015 (Enugu Sreenivasulu Reddy; b. in Pallaprolu, Andra Pradesh, India, July 1, 1924; moved to the U.S. to study at New York University; held several positions at the United Nations, was Secretary of its Special Committee against Apartheid 1963-1965, Director of its Centre against Apartheid 1976-1983; was Director of the UN Trest for Africa, and the Educational and Training Programme for Southern Africa)
- 1986-07-16: new
- 2015-10-18: revised