Rhodes, John G.
Rhodes, John G.
- Organization: Oxford Archaeology
- Organization: Oxford Archaeological Unit
- Organization: Reading Museum and Art Gallery (Reading, England)
- Organization: Oxfordshire Museums Service
Field of Activity
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: nuc85-56903: His Oxfordshire, c1980 (hdg. on WMUW rept.: Rhodes, John G.; usage: John G. Rhodes)
- found: Social history in museums, c1993: t.p. (John G. Rhodes) p. x (head of museums and tourism, Reading Museum and Art Gallery)
- found: Preserving and presenting the past in Oxfordshire and beyond, 2013: t.p. (John Rhodes) dedication page (in memoriam John Graham Rhodes, 1944-2011) p. ii (his achievements in the conservation, study, and recording of the past from the Roman period to the present day, both in museums and in the field) p. 211, etc. (born & raised in Moorallerton, Leeds; went to Oxford, lived in Oxford; background in history, archaeology, and anthropology; in 1972, appointed keeper of antiquities with Oxford City and County Museum, at Woodstock, soon to be the Oxfordshire County Museums Service; moved to Woodstock; in 1988, appointed director of Reading Museum and Art Gallery; left that museum; from 1994, worked as a consultant specialising in museum development schemes, exhibition planning, historic building studies, and conservation planning; the majority of the projects were conservation management plans for historic buildings, many done in association with Oxford Archaeology; in later years, moved to Heyford, within reach of Oxford)
- 1985-09-17: new
- 2014-05-31: revised