Hastings, Alcee L.
Hastings, Alcee L.
- Organization: Fisk University
- Organization: Howard University. School of Law
- Organization: Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Organization: United States. Congress. House
- Organization: Congressional Black Caucus
Field of Activity
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: U.S. Cong. House. Comm. on the Judiciary. Providing for the release of ... 1987: caption title (Alcee L. Hastings) p. 1 (Eleventh Circuit ... U.S. district judge)
- found: Biographical directory of the United States Congress online, viewed August 15, 2012 (Hastings, Alcee Lamar, a Representative from Florida; born in Altamonte Springs, Seminole County, Fla., September 5, 1936; lawyer; appointed United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida, 1979-1989; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Third and to the nine succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1993-present))
- found: Encyclopedia of African American History, 1896 to the Present: From the Age of Segregation to the Twenty-first Century, accessed April 22, 2015, via Oxford African American Studies Center database: (Hastings, Alcee; Alcee Lamar Hastings; U.S. Representative, lawyer, legislator; born 5 September 1936 in Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States; graduated from Fisk University (1958); studied at Howard University School of Law (1958-1960); earned JD from Florida A&M University (1963); was appointed circuit court judge of Broward County, Florida (1977-1979) and U.S. district judge for Southern District of Florida (1979-1988); was impeached and removed from the bench from US Congress; won a seat in the House of Representatives (1993) and was reelected seven times; served on Democratic Steering Committee, Congressional Black Caucus, and Human Rights Caucus)
- 1987-10-26: new
- 2015-07-25: revised