Levin, Richard C.
Levin, Richard C.
- Levin, Rick
- San Francisco (Calif.)
- New Haven (Conn.)
- Organization: Yale University
Field of Activity
- (lcsh) Economics
- (lcsh) Education, Higher
- found: nuc88-133508: Cohen, W.C. Firm size and R&D intensity, 1987 (hdg. on NBuU rept.: Levin, Richard C.; usage: Richard C. Levin) abstract (Department of Economics, Yale University, 37 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06520)
- found: U.S. Treasury Biography of Richard C. Levin, July 3, 2013 (b. 1947, San Francisco; 22nd President of Yale University, began 1993; B.A. Stanford, 1968; Oxford University B.Litt.; Ph.D. Yale University, 1974; specialist in economics of technological change with writings on patent system, industrial research and development, effects of antitrust and public regulartion on private industry; series of papers 70's & 80's influenced railroad deregulation; longtime New Haven resident)
- found: Yale University, Office of the President website, July 3, 2013: official biography (prior to presidency, Dean of Yale's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Chair of Economics Dept., member of Yale faculty since 1974; as president, developed active partnership with the City of New Haven; advocate of internationalism: launched Yale Center for the Study of Globalization; created Yale World Fellows Program, strengthened educational ties with China)
- found: 'Shining furrows,' 2013: (Presidency tenure 1993-2013; in addition to internationalization & improved relations with New Haven, other activities as president have included: renovations, expansion, including West Campus in 2007, major fundraising, sustainability policies )
- found: Wikipedia, July 3, 2013: (Rick Levin; Richard Charles Levin; b. April 7, 1947)
- 1988-12-01: new
- 2013-07-17: revised