D'Andrade, Roy G.
D'Andrade, Roy G.
- Andrade, Roy G. D'
- (edtf) 1931-11-06
- (edtf) 2016-10-20
- Organization: University of California, San Diego
- Organization: University of Connecticut
Field of Activity
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: LC data base, 11-8-89 (hdg.: D'Andrade, Roy G.; usage: Roy G. D'Andrade)
- found: Athropology news, Dec. 12, 2016: (Roy D'Andrade, cultural anthropologist and a founder of cognitive anthropology, died on October 20, 2016. He was emeritus professor at the University of California, San Diego and the University of Connecticut; D'Andrade was born in 1931 and raised in Metuchen, New Jersey; He died at home in El Cerrito, California)
- found: Wikipedia, Dec. 12, 2016: (Roy D'Andrade; Roy Goodwin D'Andrade was one of the founders of cognitive anthropology. Born in New Jersey, D'Andrade matriculated at Rutgers University but left to fulfill his military service. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Connecticut. He then studied in the Department of Social Relations at Harvard, from which he received his PhD in Social Anthropology. He taught at Stanford University from 1962-1969. He then moved to the University of California, San Diego, where he was professor of Anthropology until 2003 and served as department chair for three separate terms. He also taught in the Anthropology department at the University of Connecticut. He died October 20, 2016)
- found: UC San Diego email notice, Dec. 12, 2016: (The Department of Anthropology announces with sadness the passing of Professor Emeritus Roy D'Andrade, on Oct. 20, 2016, at the age of 84. D'Andrade played an important role at UC San Diego as one of the founding members of the anthropology department, as a strong advocate of research bridging traditional disciplinary boundaries, and as a founder of the field of cognitive anthropology. Born in Metuchen, New Jersey, on Nov. 6, 1931)
- 1989-11-09: new
- 2016-12-13: revised