- Zaritsky, Hyman Harry
- Zaret, Hyman
- New York, N.Y.
- Westport, Conn.
Field of Activity
- (lcsh) Lyric writing (Popular music)
- (lcsh) Composition (Music)
- Music composer
Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Little songs on big subjects, 1947: label (Hy Zaret) container (lyricist)
- found: ASCAP, 4th ed. (Zaret, Hy; b. Aug. 21, 1907, New York, NY; composer, author, publisher)
- found: New York times WWW site, July 3, 2007 (Hy Zaret; b. Hyman Harry Zaritsky, Aug. 21, 1907; legally shortened his last name in 1934; d. yesterday [July 2, 2007], Westport, Conn., aged 99; one of the last of the Tin Pan Alley lyricists, whose most indelible work was the oft-recorded 1955 hit Unchained melody, but whose oeuvre ranged from jingles to songs about science to ballads of love and war)
- found: Wikipedia WWW site, viewed August 28, 2013 (Hy Zaret (August 21, 2907-July 2, 2007) was an American Tin Pan Alley lyricist and composer; born Hyman Harry Zaritsky in New York City)
- 1996-03-25: new
- 2013-08-29: revised