The Library of Congress > Linked Data Service > LC Name Authority File (LCNAF)

Nat︠s︡ionalʹnyĭ universytet "Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡"


  • URI(s)

  • Instance Of

  • Scheme Membership(s)

  • Collection Membership(s)

  • Variants

    • Ukraine. Nat︠s︡ionalʹnyĭ universytet "Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡"
    • NaUKMA (University)
    • Ukraine. National University of "Kiev Mohyla Academy" (UKMA)
    • UKMA (University)
    • National University of "Kiev Mohyla Academy" (UKMA)
    • Національний університет "Києво-Могилянська академія"
    • National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
  • Additional Information

    • Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes

    • Earlier Established Forms

    • Sources

      • found: Ukrainian business journal, 1994:no. 5. Special supplement: (The Kiev Mohyla Academy was reestablished in 1991 after a 175 year hiatus as the National University of "Kiev Mohyla Academy" (UKMA). The academy was founded by Petro Mohyla in 1632 by uniting the schools of the Kiev Brotherhood College [no publs. in LC data base] and the Monastery of the Caves [no publs in LC data base]. In 1684 the college gained legal title to the name Kiev-Mohyla Academy. In 1817 the academy was closed and a seminary was established in its place. In 1919 the seminary was reorganized into a theological academy. In 1920 the academy was closed and its buildings were taken over by the headquarters of the Dnieper Military Fleet, and the old campus became a branch of the library of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences. On October 16, 1991 the KMA was reborn. On August 23, 1992 the UKMA officially reopened. On May 19, 1994 the president [of Ukraine] declared the Kiev-Mohyla Academy a national university. The UKMA languages of study are to be Ukrainian and English)
      • found: Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡, 1995- :v. 1, t.p. (Nat︠s︡ionalʹnyĭ universytet "Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡")
      • found: Politychni partiï Ukraïny, 1996:t.p. (T︠S︡entr suspilʹno-politychnykh doslidz︠h︡enʹ Nat︠s︡ionalʹnoho universytetu "Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡") p. 94 (NaUKMA)
      • found: Kyiv-Mohyla humanities journal, 2014:journal homepage (National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy)
      • notfound: Ukr. rad. ent︠s︡ykl.: v. 5, p. 110 (ref. from Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡ to Kyïvsʹka akademii︠a︡) p. 123-124 (Kyïvsʹka akademii︠a︡; highest center of learning and culture in Ukraine. Its predecessors were the Kyïvsʹka bratsʹka shkola (founded in 1615) and the Lavrsʹka shkola (founded in 1631 by P. Mohyla), both of which merged to form the Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka kolehii︠a︡, named in honour of Metropolitan Peter Mohyla. In 1701 by an edict of the Tsar the kollehii︠a︡ was granted the rights and the title of an academy, and was officially entitled the Kyïvsʹka akademii︠a︡. The akademii︠a︡ was closed in 1817);Khto i︠e︡ khto v ukraïnsʹkiĭ polityt︠s︡i, 1993: p. 21 (article under Bri︠u︡khovet︠s︡ʹkyĭ, V. S.: rector of Un-t "Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡");LC in OCLC, 02-08-95(hdg.: Universytet "Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡")
    • Editorial Notes

      • [Machine-derived non-Latin script reference project.]
      • [Non-Latin script reference not evaluated.]
      • [Do not confuse this recent heading with its predecessor, the Kyi︠e︡vo-Mohyli︠a︡nsʹka akademii︠a︡, which existed from 1632 to 1817]
    • Change Notes

      • 1996-08-12: new
      • 2014-12-12: revised
    • Alternate Formats