Cardin, Benjamin L.
Cardin, Benjamin L.
- Cardin, Ben
- Baltimore, Md.
- Organization: (naf) University of Pittsburgh
- Affiliation End: 1964
- Organization: (naf) University of Maryland at Baltimore. School of Law
- Affiliation End: 1967
- Organization: (naf) United States. Congress. House
- Affiliation Start: 19870103
- Affiliation End: 20070103
- Organization: (naf) United States. Congress. Senate
- Affiliation Start: 20070103
- Organization: (naf) Democratic Party (U.S.)
- (lcsh) Legislators
- (lcsh) Lawyers
- found: U.S. role in post-war Iraq, c2003: container (Benjamin L. Cardin; U.S. Representative, D-MD, 1987-)
- found: Biographical directory of the United States Congress online, viewed July 17, 2012 (Cardin, Benjamin Louis, a Senator and a Representative from Maryland; born in Baltimore, Md., October 5, 1943)
- found: Biog. dir. of the U.S. Congress website, July 17, 2013: (Cardin, Benjamin Louis, Senate years of service: 2007, a Senator and a Representative from Maryland; born in Baltimore, Md., October 5, 1943; attended public schools; graduated from Baltimore City College, Baltimore, Md., 1961; B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pa., 1964; J.D., University of Maryland, Baltimore, Md., 1967; lawyer, private practice; member of the Maryland state house of delegates, 1966-1986, speaker, 1979-1986; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundredth and to the nine succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1987-January 3, 2007); one of the managers appointed by the House of Representatives in 1989 to conduct the impeachment proceedings against Walter L. Nixon, judge of the United States District Court for the District Court of Mississippi; not a candidate for reelection to the House of Representatives but was elected as a Democrat to the United States Senate in 2006 for the term commencing January 3, 2007; reelected in 2012 for the term ending January 3, 2019)
- found: Ben Cardin U.S. Senator for Maryland website, July 18, 2013: Bio page (Ben Cardin)
- 2005-03-22: new
- 2013-07-19: revised