- (naf) Pittsburgh (Pa.)
- (naf) United States
- Organization: (naf) University of Illinois at Chicago
- Organization: (naf) Peabody Conservatory of Music
- Organization: (naf) EMI Records Ltd.
- (naf) University of Illinois at Chicago
- (naf) Peabody Conservatory of Music
- (naf) EMI Records Ltd.
- Organization: Pratt Foundation
- Pratt Foundation
- found: Pratt, A. A long way from Normal [SR] p1994: label (Awadagin Pratt) container (pianist) insert (b. Pittsburgh)
- found: Baker's biographical dictionary of twentieth-century classical musicians, c1997 (Pratt, Awadagin; b. Mar. 6, 1966, Philadelphia; American pianist)
- found: African American National Biography, accessed March 8, 2015, via Oxford African American Studies Center database: (Pratt, Awadagin; pianist; born 06 March 1966 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States; earned piano and violin diplomas from the University of Illinois (1989) and a graduate conducting diploma from Peabody Conservatory, Baltimore (1992); won the Naumburg prize as part of the Walter F. Naumburg Foundation Competition (1992); signed an EMI recording contract; played concertos with orchestras in Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Kennedy Center, White House, and Lincoln Center; recorded for EMI/Classics; started the Pratt Foundation (1998); directed the Next Generation Festival in Lancaster, Pennsylvania)
- 1995-03-28: new
- 2015-05-22: revised