Library of Congress

Authorities & Vocabularies

The Library of Congress > Linked Data Service > LC Name Authority File

From Library of Congress Name Authority File


us: Estes & Lauriat


  • URI(s)

  • Instance Of

  • Scheme Membership(s)

  • Collection Membership(s)

  • Variants

    • us: Estes and Lauriat
    • us: Estes & Lauriet
  • Variants

    • us: Estes and Lauriat
    • us: Estes & Lauriet
  • Additional Information

    • Activity Start

        (edtf) 1872-08-19
    • Activity End

        (edtf) 1898
    • Descriptor

        (lcsh) Booksellers and bookselling
    • Descriptor

        (lcsh) Publishers and Publishing
    • Associated Locale

        (naf) Boston (Mass.)
    • Has Affiliation

        • Affiliation Address: 143 Washington Street , Boston , Massachusetts
        • Affiliation Address:
        • City: Boston
        • State: Massachusetts
    • Has Affiliation

        • Affiliation Address:
        • City: Boston
        • State: Massachusetts
    • Street Address

        143 Washington Street
    • City

        Boston
    • State

        Massachusetts
    • Associated Language

        eng
  • Exact Matching Concepts from Other Schemes

  • Sources

    • found: Sketches & scraps, 1881: t.p. (Estes & Lauriat; Boston publisher)
    • found: Thoughts of Bibliomaven Web site, Oct. 16, 2014 (Estes and Lauriat was a prolific Boston publisher in the late 19th century. Elegant bindings, beautifully appointed publisher's series and oversized books for juveniles highlight what was an extensive book list. This house had its origins when Dana Estes joined Henry Degen. The Degen, Estes and Company publishing firm was the immediate predecessor to Estes and Lauriat which was founded in 1872. Because of financial difficulties Charles Lauriat left the publishing firm in 1898 and Dana Estes carried on with Dana Estes and Company.)
    • found: The Vienna Exposition and the Philadelphia centennial, 1874: t.p. (Boston: Estes & Lauriet)
    • found: Sargent, George H. Lauriat's, 1872-1922: pages 17-31 (founded by Charles E. Lauriat and Dana Estes on August 19, 1872; 143 Washington Street (now 301), opposite Old South Church; Lauriat formed Charles E. Lauriat Co. with the retail department of Estes & Lauriat after the split in 1898)
  • Change Notes

    • 1996-11-26: new
    • 2015-11-03: revised
  • Alternate Formats