- Here are entered works on an automated method of instruction in which a student interacts directly with instructional materials stored in a computer. Works on the use of computers to assist teachers and administrators in coordinating the instructional process, e.g. retrieving and summarizing performance records and curriculum files, are entered under [Computer managed instruction.]
- CAI (Computer-assisted instruction)
- Computer-aided instruction
- Computer-assisted learning
- Computer based instruction
- Computer-enhanced learning
- Electronic data processing in programmed instruction
- ILSs (Integrated learning systems)
- Integrated learning systems
- Microcomputer-aided instruction
- Microcomputer-assisted instruction
- Microcomputer-assisted learning
- Microcomputer-based instruction
- Teaching--Data processing
- Education--Data processing
- Educational technology
- Programmed instruction
- found: LC database, August 19, 1991.
- found: Interactive multimedia electronic journal of computer-enhanced learning (a serial).
- found: ERIC thes. (computer assisted instruction)
- found: Williams, Y. An evaluation of the effectiveness of integrated learning systems on urban middle school student achievement [thesis], 2012: p. 5 (an ILS is defined as "computer-based system that manages the delivery of curriculum materials to students in order that they are presented with individual programs of work over a number of weeks or months" [citing Williams, A. (2001) Using integrated learning systems to support students with learning difficulties in a comprehensive school. Support for learning, 16(4), p. 174]
- found: Computer-based integrated learning systems, 1993
Here are entered works on an automated method of instruction in which a student interacts directly with instructional materials stored in a computer. Works on the use of computers to assist teachers and administrators in coordinating the instructional process, e.g. retrieving and summarizing performance records and curriculum files, are entered under [Computer managed instruction.]
subdivision [Computer-assisted instruction] under topical headings, e.g. [Chemistry--Computer-assisted instruction] and subdivisions [Computer-assisted instruction, Computer-assisted instruction for foreign speakers,] and [Computer-assisted instruction for French, [Spanish, etc.] speakers] under individual languages, e.g. [English language--Computer-assisted instruction]
Note under [Computer managed instruction]
- 1986-02-11: new
- 2014-08-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.