- Animals, Discrimination against
- Discrimination against animals
- Animal rights
- Animal welfare
- found: Work cat.: Waldau, Paul Francis. The specter of speciesism : Buddhist and Christian views of animals, 2001.
- found: Ryder, Richard D. The political animal : the conquest of speciesism, 1998.
- found: Ryder, Richard D. Animal revolution : changing attitudes towards speciesism, 1989.
- found: Web. 9th ed.: p. 1132 (prejudice or discrimination based on species; esp. discrimination against animals)
- found: "The origin of speciesism" by Hugh LaFollette and Niall Shanks, Philosophy 1996: pp. 41-60.
- found: Duvin, Edward S. Speciesism, Alive and well (the inherent superiority of one species over another; applying different standards to various species)
- found: Machan, Tobor R. Do animals have rights?, 1990: p. 3 (at each level in nature, there are distinct criteria that make some member of species better than others)
- found: Random House dict.
- found: Amer. Heritage dict.
- found: Encarta dict.
- 2000-10-31: new
- 2000-12-20: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.