- Transnational migration
- found: Work cat.: 00055172: Levitt, P. Transnational villagers, 2001: CIP galley (transnational migration; contemporary complex of migratory activities; process by which immigrants forge and sustain multistranded social relations that link their societies of origin and settlement; require regular, long-term contacts across borders)
- found: LC database, Nov. 27, 2000 (transnationalism; transnational migration)
- found: Transnational communities website, Nov. 27, 2000: (working papers menu.)
- found: Latin American Website Project, Nov. 27, 2000: transnational migration page.
- found: UNESCO Migration glossary via WWW, Dec. 28, 2006 (The concept of trans-nationalism refers to multiple ties and interactions linking people and institutions across the borders of nation-states.)
- found: American heritage dictionary, 2004 (transnational: reaching beyond or transcending national boundaries; relating to or involving several nations or nationalities)
- found: Merriam Webster.com, Jan. 12, 2007 (transnational: extending beyond national boundaries; [noun] transnationalism)
- notfound: Dict. of demography, 1986;Pressat, R. Dict. of demog., 1985;Nam, Population, 1984
- 2000-11-27: new
- 2009-02-17: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.