- OxyContin (Trademark)
- found: Work cat.: U.S. Cong. House. Comm. on Energy and Commerce. Subcomm. on Oversight and Investigations. OxyContin, its use and abuse, hearing ... 2001: p. 2 (OxyContin is a Schedule II controlled-release form of the narcotic oxycodone) p. 3. (Oxycodone-related deaths have increased 400 percent since 1996; Oxycodone has been in use for 80 years)
- found: MESH, Feb. 6, 2002 (Oxycodone; semisynthetic derivative of codeine that acts as a narcotic analgesic more potent and addicting than codeine; entry term: Dihydrohydroxycodeinone, Oxiconum, Oxycodeinon, Dihydrone, Dinarkon, Eucodal, Hydroxycodeinon, Oxycodone hydrochloride, Oxycone, Pancodine, Percocet, Theocodin; pharm. action: Analgesics, opiod; antitussive agents; narcotics)
- found: ONDCP Drug Policy Information Clearinghouse fact sheet: OxyContin, Feb. 6, 2002 (Oxycodone, the active ingredient in the pain medication OxyContin, is a derivative of opium and the effects of its use are similar to heroin)
- found: Concise chemical and technical dictionary (oxycodone; dihydrohydroxycodeinone)
- found: USP Dict. (Oxycodone)
- 2002-03-19: new
- 2006-03-17: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.