- Armored vests
- Ballistic vests
- Bullet-proof vests
- Bulletproof vests
- Flak jackets
- Jackets, Flak
- Protective vests (Body armor)
- Vests, Bulletproof
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: The spider [VR]: textile technology, c1998: container (bullet-proof vests)
- found: Dupuy, T.N. Dictionary of military terms, 1986: p. 92 (flak jacket, a jacket or vest of heavy fabric containing metal or other bulletproof plates)
- found: The encyclopedia of police science, 1995: p. 310 (soft body armor)
- found: Fay, J. The police dictionary and encyclopedia, c1988 (body armor, a device often called a bulletproof vest)
- found: Luttwak, E. The dictionary of modern war, c1991 (armor, body)
- found: OCLC, Feb. 19, 2002 (titles: ballistic vests; body armor; body armour; bullet proof vests; bullet-proof vests; bulletproof vests; flak jackets)
- found: Philbin, T. Cop speak, c1996: p. 28 (bulletproof vest, popularly known as body armor among police officers)
- found: Nat. crim. justice thesaurus (body armor UF Armored vests; Ballistic riot jackets; Bullet proof vests; Protective vests)
- notfound: Department of Defense dictionary of military and associated terms, 1984
- 2002-03-21: new
- 2003-07-14: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.