- F-t-Ms (Female-to-male transsexuals)
- F2Ms (Female-to-male transsexuals)
- Female transsexuals
- FTM transsexuals
- FTMs (Female-to-male transsexuals)
- Trans men
- Transsexual males
- Transsexual men
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Bloom, A. Normal, c2002: p. 1 (female-to-male transsexuals) p. 14 (transsexual men) p. 34 (FTM transsexuals)
- found: Cromwell, J. Transmen and FTMs, c1999: p. 9 (female-to-male transpeople; female-to-male transsexuals) p. 25 (the various forms of FTM (F2M, FtM, F-t-M)) p. 115 (quote from L. Lothstein with Cromwell's bracketed interpolation: "the female[-to-male] transsexual's quest")
- found: Devor, H. FTM : female-to-male transsexuals in society, c1997: pp. ix-xi (transsexual men) p. xi (female-to-male transsexual people)
- found: Westheimer, R.K. Encyclopedia of sex, c1994: p. 269 (female transsexuals)
- found: You don't know dick : courageous hearts of transsexual men, c1997.
- found: Google search, June 8, 2006 (trans men; trans males; transmales)
- found: Wikipedia, Dec. 9, 2012: Trans man (A trans man (also trans-man or transman) is a female-to-male (FTM) transgender or transsexual person. A trans man was assigned female at birth, but identifies as male. The label of transgender male is not interchangeable with that of transsexual male although the two are often combined or mistaken for the same thing. The difference is that while transgender males identify with the male gender identity, transsexual males may intend to undergo physical changes to align their body with their gender identity. A transgender male is someone whose gender identity is male, but who does not necessarily change himself physically. ... The term "trans man" is used as a short form for either identity (transsexual man and transgender man). Trans men may identify as transsexual, as transgender, neither, or both. "Transgender man" is an umbrella term that may include anybody who was assigned the female sex at birth but identifies as male.)
- 2006-06-08: new
- 2013-03-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.