- Dance pavilions
- Recreation centers
- found: Work cat.: Young, P. Let's dance : a celebration of Ontario's dance halls and summer dance pavilions, 2002 (dance halls, dance pavilions, terms used interchangably)
- found: Web. 3: p. 573 (dance hall: a large room set aside or suitable for dances; esp. a public hall offering facilities for dancing; as opposed to ballroom: "a large room (as in a hotel) set aside or suitable for dances"; no entry for dance pavilions)
- found: Canadian Oxf. dict., 1998: p. 354 (dance hall: a public establishment for dancing; as opposed to ballroom: "a large room or hall for dancing")
- found: NLC database, January 16, 2003 (dance halls, dance pavilions; the term "dance halls" found in more records, including works on dance halls in the United States)
- found: Young, P. The Kee to Bala is Dunn's Pavilion, 1997: p. 5 (Preface: "Between 1994 and 1996 I travelled extensively throughout Ontario, researching this province's rich history of dance pavilions and dancehalls.")
- found: TGM (Dance halls)
- found: AAT (Dance halls: Use for large rooms or buildings set aside for dancing, but which may be used for other social functions. Distinguished from ballrooms by their less formal nature.)
- 2003-01-16: new
- 2013-05-02: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.