- Apprenticeship novels
- Coming of age--Fiction
- Coming of age--Juvenile fiction
- Coming-of-age novels
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Web. 3 (Bildingsroman, pl. Bildungsromane or Bildungsromans)
- found: Random House dict. (Bildingsroman, pl. Bildungsromans or Bildungsromane)
- found: Guidelines on Subject Access to Individual Works of Fiction, Drama, Etc. (Bildungsromans)
- found: Sears List of Subject Headings (Bildungsromans)
- found: Encyc. Britannica (Bildungsroman ... sometimes called an Entwicklungsroman ("novel of character development"))
- found: Cuddon. Dict. of lit. terms (Bildungsroman same as Erziehungsroman)
- found: Holman. Handbk. to literature (Apprenticeship novel now usually called a Bildungsroman; Bildungsroman includes Erziehungsroman, Entwicklungsroman and Kunstlerroman; except for Kunstlerroman, distinctions lost in English & Amer. criticism)
- found: Web site Novelguide, Oct. 10, 2003 (review of Bless Me, Ultima: "the coming-of-age novel is also known as the Bildungsroman")
- 2003-11-17: new
- 2012-04-10: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.