- Learner-centered education
- Learner-controlled instruction
- Student-centered teaching
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Journal of student centered learning: v. 1, no. 1 (focus on learning that is student centered rather than teacher centered, on students as active, involved learners vs. on teachers and teaching styles)
- found: Institute for Student Centered Learning web page, July 5, 2003 (students take a greater role in their own education, as faculty function more as guides to self-directed learning than as instructors)
- found: Focus on student-centered learning, NCREL web page, July 5, 2003 (learner-centered approach is based on the understanding that each learner is unique....students' individualized learning styles and strategies become apparent)
- found: Education index, July 7, 2003 (terms "student-centered learning," "student-centered teaching," and "student-learning centered courses" indexed under "Learner centered education")
- found: ERIC database, July 7, 2003 (terms "student centered learning, "learner-centered teaching," "learner-centered approach" indexed under descriptors: Student centered curriculum; Learner controlled instruction)
- 2003-07-09: new
- 2003-08-19: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.