- Benthic fish
- Benthic fishes
- Bottom-dwelling fish
- Bottom-dwelling fishes
- Bottom fish
- Bottom fishes
- Ground fish
- Ground fishes
- found: Work cat.: The 1999 Northwest Fisheries Science Center Pacific west coast upper continental slope trawl survey of groundfish resources off Washington, Oregon, and California, 2002.
- found: WaU online catalog, Dec. 9, 2003 (groundfish; ground fish; groundfishes; bottomfish; bottom fish; bottomfishes; bottom fishes; benthic fish; benthic fishes; bottom dwelling fish species)
- found: FAO Fisheries glossary, via WWW, Dec. 9, 2003 (Groundfish: A species or group of fish that lives most of its life on or near the sea bottom)
- found: Defining fisheries : a user's glossary, via WWW, Dec. 9, 2003 (Groundfish - A species or group of fish that lives most of its life on or near the sea bottom.)
- found: Eapen, P.K. Elsevier's dict. of fisheries, 1999 (ground fish: Refers to a number of fish living on or near the bottom, such as cod, flat fish, haddock, hake, pollack, etc.; bottom fishes: Fishes that generally inhabit or are caught within about 5 m of the bottom of the sea, lake, etc.)
- found: American Herit. dict. of the Engl. lang., c2000 (groundfish, pl. groundfish or groundfishes. A bottom-dwelling fish, especially a commercially valuable marine species such as flounder or cod)
- found: Random House Web. unabr. dict., c1997 (bottom fish: any of certain fishes that live at or near the bottom of a body of water, as certain of the cod and related species, the flatfishes, and catfishes. Also called ground fish)
- 2003-12-09: new
- 2004-02-06: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.