- Here are entered works on an Internet marketing and advertising technique that propagates a marketing message by inducing Web sites or users to pass it on to other sites or users.
- Contagious marketing
- Viral advertising
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Perry, R. Viral marketing in a week, 2002.
- found: Concise Oxford dictionary, via WWW, Nov. 18, 2003 (Viral marketing. A marketing technique whereby information about a company's goods or services is passed electronically from one Internet user to another)
- found: Dictionary of the Internet in computing, via WWW, Nov. 18, 2003 (Viral marketing. Used to describe the word-of-mouth marketing of a product or service using the Internet. A good example of this approach was the marketing of the HotMail free email service. Subscribers to this service could only send emails with advertising messages)
- found: WWW, Jan. 15, 2004 (Viral marketing; viral advertising; contagious marketing)
Here are entered works on an Internet marketing and advertising technique that propagates a marketing message by inducing Web sites or users to pass it on to other sites or users.
- 2003-11-19: new
- 2004-02-06: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.