- Gender minorities
- GLBT people
- GLBTQ people
- LBG people
- LGBT people
- Lesbigay people
- LGBTQ people
- Non-heterosexual people
- Sexual dissidents
- found: LC database, Sept. 20, 2004 (sexual minorities)
- found: WordIQ.com, Sept. 20, 2004 ("Sexual minorities defined by sexual orientation and gender identity -- gay/lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people ..."; "LGBT (or GLBT) is an acronym used as a collective term to refer to lesbians, gays, bixexuals, and transgender people LGB")
- found: WWW, Sept. 20, 2004 (Google search: sexual minorities; sexual dissidents; LBG people; LGBT people; GLBT people; lesbigay people)
- found: UNESCO thesaurus (gender minorities)
- found: Eaton, L.E. Constructing rainbow classrooms : non-heterosexual students' journey toward safer schools, 2005: p. 17 (The term "non-heterosexual" is used in this study to denote all students who describe their sexuality as different, although they may not necessarily identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer. In some cases, students choose to use the "Q" in LGBTQ to mean that they are questioning their sexuality and do not identify with any one particular category) p. 18 (LGBT youth) p. 23 (non-heterosexuals)
- found: Double-tongued word wrester dictionary, via WWW, May 20, 2006 (LGBTQ adj. having a sexual orientation other than heterosexual)
- found: Colgate University Office of LGBTQ Initiatives WWW home page, May 20, 2006 (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning students; LGBTQ faculty, staff, students and alumni; the LGBTQ community)
- found: GLBTQ : an encyc. of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender & queer culture, via WWW, June 2, 2006 (in article on Spirituality: glbtq individuals; glbtq communities; glbtq community; glbtq people)
- found: Famous GLBTQ people Web site, June 2, 2006.
- notfound: Women's thesaurus
- 2006-05-26: new
- 2006-07-31: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.