- Anti-Islam prejudice
- Anti-Muslim prejudice
- Discrimination against Muslims
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: Confronting Islamophobia in educational practice, c2004: p. x (Islamophobia, an irrational distrust, fear, or rejection of the Muslim religion and those who are perceived as Muslims; Islamophobia connected to intolerance towards minorities in general; related to xenophobia) p. 1 (the term Islamophobia is relatively new; similar in concept to antisemitism) p. 18 (due to Islamophobia, Muslims are now suffering open discrimination and prejudice in all public domains)
- found: Muslim Britain : communities under pressure, c2005: p. 11 (The fear or dread of Islam or Muslim is described as Islamophobia; current Islamophobia is related to experiences of colonialism, decolonisation, immigration, and racism; Islamophobia created analagously to xenophobia) p. 49 (anti-Muslim racism, anti-Muslimism, or (as most writers term it) Islamophobia)
- found: The new Crusades : constructing the Muslim enemy, c2003: p. 153 (early in the Reagan era, when Islamophobia was beginning to supplement anticommunism as the great animating hostility of American political life)
- found: Unlearning intolerance, confronting Islamophobia, 2004 (Issue 4) (root causes of Islamophobia go back to Islam's rise; one scholar preferred term "anti-Islamism" so as to focus on the victims)
- notfound: OED online, May 8, 2005
- 2005-07-11: new
- 2005-09-02: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.