Road work zones
Road work zones
- Construction work zones, Road
- Highway work zones
- Maintenance work zones, Road
- Road construction work zones
- Road maintenance work zones
- Roads--Work zones
- Traffic work zones
- Work zones, Road
- Zones, Road work
- found: Work cat.: Development and testing of variable speed limit control logics for work zones using simulation, 2004: t.p. ; p. 1 ("with an increase in the amount of traffic and the vehicle miles traveled ... the safety situation at work zones is deteriorating")
- found: Colorado Dept. of Transportation. Work zone safety, 2002: p. 3 (four types of traffic control devices are used in work zone traffic control; channelizing devices incl. traffic cones, drums, tubular markers, vertical panels, barricades and barriers are used to alert drivers of hazards in the work zone, redirect them, and protect workers)
- found: Federal Highway Administration Work Zone Mobility and Safety WWW site, August 3, 2005: (Work zones on freeways are estimated to account for nearly 24 percent of non-recurring delay ... More than 41,000 people were injured in 2003 as a result of motor vehicle crashes in work zones)
- found: Virginia Dept. of Transportation WWW site, August 3, 2005: /work zone safety ("Highway work zones are considered the most hazardous place for workers in the U.S., but ... statistics show that motorists comprise four out of five of all deaths in highway work zones")
- found: Google search, Sept. 13, 2005 (work zones; road work zones; construction work zones; maintenance work zones; traffic work zones)
- 2005-08-03: new
- 2005-11-30: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.