- Disaster mitigation
- Hazards mitigation
- Mitigation, Hazard
- Natural hazard mitigation
- Natural hazards mitigation
- found: Work cat.: Spinks, R.A. Shoreline School District hazard mitigation plan, 2004.
- found: Planning for a sustainable future : the link between hazard mitigation and livability, 2000.
- found: Natural hazard mitigation, c1999.
- found: Hazard mitigation fact sheet, via Mass.gov web site, Jan. 19, 2005 ("Hazard Mitigation" means to permanently reduce or alleviate the losses of life, injuries and property resulting from natural and human-made hazards through long-term strategies. These long-term strategies include planning, policy changes, programs, projects and other activities. Mitigation is the responsibility of individuals, private businesses and industries, state, local and federal governments.)
- found: Hazard Mitigation Grant Program, via FEMA web site, Jan. 19, 2005 ("the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides grants to States and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a major disaster declaration.")
- found: Natural hazards mitigation guidebook, 2003, via WWW (PDF), Jan. 19, 2005: p. i (hazards mitigation; hazard mitigation; pre-disaster mitigation)
- found: Capital Area [Tallahassee, Fla.] Chapter of the American Red Cross web site, Jan. 19, 2005: Mitigation ("Although not all disasters can be prevented, Disaster Mitigation can reduce the damage. Disaster Mitigation is any action or measure that either prevents that occurence of a disaster or reduces the severity of its effects.")
- 2005-03-01: new
- 2005-04-28: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.