Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
- found: Work cat.: The Iraqi marshlands : a human and environmental study, 2002: p. 5 (Marsh Arabs, "AMAR stands for Assisting Marsh Arabs and other Refugees")
- found: LOC Country Study, Iraq, March 9, 2006 (Marsh Arabs (the Madan))
- found: CIA World Factbook, March 9, 2006 (Marsh Arabs)
- found: Encyc. of Modern Asia, 2002: p. 76-77 (Marsh Arabs)
- found: Thesiger, Wilfred. The Marsh Arabs, 2000.
- found: Worldmark Encyc. of Cultures and Daily Life, 1998 (Ma'dan (Marsh Arabs))
- found: Wikipedia, May 3, 2006 (Marsh Arabs: the Marsh Arabs are the inhabitants of the lowlands of southern Iraq, the former Mesopotamia, whose families have lived in the area for thousands of years; many academic authorities believe the Marsh Arabs to be the direct descendents of the Sumerians. It is also believed that their culture is also highly reflective of their ancient ancestors)
- notfound: Encyc. of the Orient
- 2006-03-10: new
- 2010-03-17: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.