- Here are entered works on posters printed on card stock advertising motion pictures, meant to be displayed in movie theater lobbies.
- Cards, Lobby
- Display cards (Motion picture advertising)
- Scene cards (Motion picture advertising)
- Title cards (Motion picture advertising)
- Title lobby cards
- Advertising--Motion pictures
- Film posters
- found: Work cat.: Motion picture publicity and promotion collection, 1920s-.
- found: Art and architecture thesaurus WWW site, Oct. 25, 2006 (Lobby cards; Display cards; cards displayed in movie theater lobbies to advertise motion pictures; usually 11 x 14 in. and issued in sets of eight)
- found: Thesaurus for graphic materials II WWW site, Oct. 25, 2006 (Lobby cards; previously indexed as display cards; motion picture advertisements intended for display in a theater lobby or showcase window; often small versions of movie posters; standard size established by the Motion Pictures Patent Company in 1909 is 11 x 14 in.)
- found: Collecting movie posters, 1997: p. 26 (Lobby card; standard lobby cards were 11 x 14 in., jumbo lobby cards were 14 x 17 in., and mini lobby cards were 8 x 14 in.; cards generally came in sets of eight numbered cards, which may include a title card, several scene cards, and a dead card)
- found: Heritage signature vintage movie poster auction #636, 2006: p. 16 (Lobby card; 11 x 14 in.) p. 94 (Title card; 11 x 14 in.) p. 72 (Title lobby card; 11 x 14 in.) p. 49 (midget lobby card)
- found: Movie Poster collecting basics WWW site, Oct. 26, 2006 (Lobby cards; Jumbo lobby cards; 11 x 14 in. posters printed on card stock; generally were printed in sets of eight different cards, consisting on one title card and several scene cards; some cards termed "dead cards" lacked the more interesting or compelling aspects of the film, such as the stars or subjects)
- found: MovieGoods description WWW site, Oct. 26, 2006 (Lobby card; standard lobby cards measured 11 x 14 in. and were printed in color on heavy card stock; jumbo lobby cards measured 14 x 17 in., mini lobby cards were 8 x 10 in.)
- found: MPA gallery movie poster collecting WWW site, Oct. 26, 2006 (Lobby card; title card; jumbo lobby card; 11 x 14 in. cards meant to be situated in the lobby of a theater; originally distributed in sets of eight; first card in the set was called the title card)
- notfound: Britannica online;Merriam-Webster onLine
Here are entered works on posters printed on card stock advertising motion pictures, meant to be displayed in movie theater lobbies.
- 2006-11-30: new
- 2007-02-10: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.