- TG people
- TGs (Transgender people)
- Trans-identified people
- Trans people
- Transgender-identified people
- Transgendered people
- found: Wikipedia, May 30, 2007 ("Transgender ... is a general term applied to a variety of individuals, behaviors, and groups involving tendencies that diverge from the normative gender role (woman or man) commonly, but not always, assigned at birth, as well as the role traditionally held by society. Transgender is the state of one's "gender identity" (self-identification as male, female, both or neither) not matching one's "assigned gender" (identification by others as male or female based on physical/genetic sex). Transgender does not imply any specific form of sexual orientation -- transgender people may identify as heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual or asexual.")
- found: American Heritage dict. (transgendered: appearing as, wishing to be considered as, or having undergone surgery to become a member of the opposite sex)
- found: LC database, May 30, 2007 (transgender people; trans people; transgendered people; transgenders; transpeople)
- found: Google search, May 30, 2007 (transgender people; TG people; TGs; trans people; transgendered people; transgenders; trannies; transpeople)
- found: Witten, T. Gender identity and the military : transgender, transsexual, and intersex-identified individuals in the U.S. Armed Forces, 2007: PDF p. 4 (trans-identified or intersex-identified person; trans-identified or nonnormatively gendered individuals) p. 9 (trans-identified individuals) p. 14 (transgender-identified individuals)
- 2007-05-30: new
- 2008-01-18: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.