- American raccoon
- Common raccoon
- North American raccoon
- Northern raccoon
- Procyon hernandezii
- Procyon lotor
- Procyon pallidus
- Procyon psora
- Procyon pumilus
Closely Matching Concepts from Other Schemes
Earlier Established Forms
- found: Mammal species of the world, 2005: p. 627 (Procyon lotor, common name: raccoon. Synonyms: hernandezii, pallidus, psora, pumilus, among others)
- found: Britannica Micro.: v. 9, p. 875 (typical North American raccoon or coon (Procyon lotor))
- found: Am. heritage dict. (raccooon, also racoon: a carnivorous N.A. mammal (Procyon lotor) having grayish-brown fur, black masklike facial markings, and a black-ringed bushy tail)
- found: ITIS search, June 12, 2007 (Procyon lotor (Linnaeus, 1758), species, common names: common raccoon, northern raccoon, raccoon)
- found: Long, J.L. Introduced mammals of the world, 2004: p. 265 (Raccoon, American raccoon, common raccoon, Procyon lotor)
- 2007-06-12: new
- 2007-08-24: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.