Sprague Dawley rats
Sprague Dawley rats
- Holtzman rats
- found: Work cat.: Kalia, V. Prenatal TCDD exposure alters cell proliferation, apoptosis, and protein expression in the Sprague-Dawley rat uterus, 2006.
- found: MESH online, July 5, 2007 (Sprague-Dawley rats -- A strain of albino rat used widely for experimental purposes because of its calmness and ease of handling. It was developed by the Sprague-Dawley Animal Company. MESH UF -- Holtzman rats)
- found: Wikipedia, July 5, 2007 (Brown rat ... Sprague Dawley rats are an outbred strain of albino laboratory rats belonging to the species Rattus norvegicus. They were originally developed from the Wistar rat strain. They are used widely for experimental purposes because of their calmness and ease of handling)
- found: Ace Animals, Inc. WWW home page, July 5, 2007 Sprague Dawley (The outbred multipurpose model of choice is the Sprague Dawley rat. A general model for the study of human health and disease, this outbred rat serves as an excellent model for toxicology, reproduction, pharmacology, and behavioral research areas)
- found: The laboratory rat, 2006: p. 32 (Other stocks of rats. A. Sprague-Dawley [section heading] ... Mr. Evan Carl Holtzman, who for many years was an employee of Sprague-Dawley, Inc., left that company in the 1940s and established his own business ... using Sprague-Dawley animals as seed stock. Thus came into being the so-called Holtzman rat)
- notfound: Black's medical dictionary, 2004:McGraw-Hill dictionary of scientific and technical terms, 2003;Wiley encyclopedia of biomedical engineering, 2006;Web. 3
- 2007-07-11: new
- 2007-09-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.