- Responders, First
- found: Work cat.: 2007041545: Street smart Spanish for first responders, 2008.
- found: LC database, Oct. 11, 2007.
- found: U.S. Dept. of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration WWW site, Oct. 11, 2007: using highways during evacuation operations for events with advance notice>>glossary (first responder: first responding unit to arrive at an incident scene; traditionally used to describe public safety emergency responders who have duties related to preservation of life and property)
- found: National Center for Children Exposed to Violence WWW site, Oct. 11, 2007: resource center>professional tools>glossary of terms (first responders: emergency personnel called to the scene of a crisis or responding to emergency calls for assistance; first responders could include emergency medical technicians, police, hotline/crisis line personnel, fire and rescue, child protective services, and others)
- found: Encyc. of law enforcement, c2005: v. 1, p. 19 (first-responder organizations, such as fire, police, and rescue units) p. 47 (first reponders) p. I-9 (first-responders)
- notfound: Encyc. of disaster management, c2006;NFPA's illustrated dict. of fire protection terms, c2005;National criminal justice thesaurus
- 2007-10-11: new
- 2007-11-22: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.