- found: Work cat.: Georgieva, Bogdana A. Noether-type theorems for the generalized variational principle of Herglotz, 2007.
- found: Wikipedia, accessed Dec. 20, 2007 (Informally, Noether's theorem can be stated as (technical fine points aside): To every differentiable symmetry generated by local actions, there corresponds a conserved current. Noether's theorem is a central result in theoretical physics that shows that a conservation law can be derived from any continuous symmetry)
- found: Buchholz, D. On Noethers theorem in quantum field theory, 1985.
- found: Scott, Peter A. Emmy Noether's theorem, 1991.
- found: Charnes, A. A generalized Noether's theorem through extremal properties of the invariant integral, 1989.
- notfound: McGraw-Hill dictionary of scientific and technical terms, 2003
- 2008-01-24: new
- 2008-01-25: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.