- Data screening
- Electronic data processing
- found: Work cat.: LAN times guide to security and data integrity, c1996.
- found: Data integrity : financial data, 2000.
- found: Dictionary of the Internet, 2001 (data integrity: accuracy and consistency of data in a distributed system; for example, in a banking system, closing balance of all bank accounts consistent with opening balance and sequence of debits and credits that have been applied to them)
- found: Dictionary of computing, 2004 (data integrity: resistance to alteration by system errors of data stored in a computer; a condition that denotes only authorized and proper alteration of data)
- found: Solaris 10, 2005: p. 196 (most network protocols use "parity" to ensure data integrity--extra bit is added to each 8 bits of data, used with a checksum algorithm to determine whether an error has been detected; one way to determine data integrity is to use a one-way hash function, like a message digest)
- found: Correct hardware design and verification methods, 2001: p. 378 (data integrity: received data preserves its original sending value)
- found: Improved data screening techniques for freeway traffic management systems, 1991.
- 2008-05-06: new
- 2008-12-12: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.