- Cyber-based information systems
- found: Work cat.: 2008037243: Cyberinfrastructure technologies and applications, 2009: e-CIP t.p., etc. (cyberinfrastructure was proposed in a report of the NSF Blue-Ribbon advisory panel in 2003; cyberinfrastructure will provide a unified environment to access and manage cyber resources, e.g. supercomputers, data archives, software services, scientific instruments and virtual organizations)
- found: LC database, Sept. 4, 2008 (Cyberinfrastructure)
- found: WWW Nat. Sci. Foundation, Sept 4, 2008 (cyberinfrastructure; grid of computing, information networking, and sensor resources--a grid that we could one day tap as easily as we now use a power socket or a water faucet)
- found: Indiana University News Room, Sept. 4, 2008 (according to IU's definition, cyberinfrastructure consists of computing systems, data storage systems, advanced instruments and data repositories, visualization environments, and people, all linked together by software and high performance networks to improve research productivity and enable breakthroughs not otherwise possible)
- found: Wikipedia, Sept. 4 (cyberinfrastructure; advanced data acquisition, data storage, data management, data integration, data mining, data visualization and other computing and information processing services over the Internet; NSF use of the term focuses on the integrated assemblage of these information technologies with one another; cyberinfrastructure consists of computing systems, data storage systems, advanced instruments and data repositories, visualization environments, and people, all linked together by software and high performance networks; cyberinfrastructure refers to the distributed computer, information and communication technologies combined with the personnel and integrating components; alternative use of the term cyberinfrastructure--"cyber-based information systems"; cyber-infrastructure)
- 2008-09-04: new
- 2008-10-07: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.