- Couples psychotherapy
- Unmarried couples therapy
- Group psychotherapy
- Marital psychotherapy
- found: Clinical handbook of couple therapy, c2008: p. 12 (term "couple therapy" has recently come to replace the historically more familiar term "marital therapy" for its emphasis on the bond between two people without the value judgment implied by the traditional term; assumed that therapeutic methods operate similarly with marriages and with couple relations where commitment has no legal bond)
- found: MESH online, Nov. 3, 2008 (Couples therapy: psychotherapy technique for unmarried couples: for married couples use Marital therapy)
- found: Penguin dictionary of psychology, 2001 (Couples therapy, term introduced for therapy for unmarried couples in long-term relationships)
- found: Thesaurus of psychological index terms, c2007 (Couples therapy, term used specifically for unmarried couples)
- 2008-12-02: new
- 2008-12-19: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.