- Computers on a chip
- Embedded microcontrollers
- MCUs (Microcontrollers)
- found: Work cat.: Barrett, S.F. Atmel AVR microcontroller primer, via WWW, Dec. 26, 2007.
- found: Wikipedia, Dec. 26, 2007: Microcontroller (A microcontroller (also MCU or [micron]C) is a computer-on-a-chip. It is a type of microprocessor emphasizing high integration, low power consumption, self-sufficiency and cost-effectiveness, in contrast to a general-purpose microprocessor (the kind used in a PC). In addition to the usual arithmetic and logic elements of a general purpose microprocessor, the microcontroller typically integrates additional elements such as read-write memory for data storage, read-only memory, such as flash for code storage, EEPROM for permanent data storage, peripheral devices, and input/output interfaces) System-on-a-chip (A typical SoC consists of: One or more microcontroller ... )
- found: Inspec via Engineering village 2, Dec. 26. 2007: thesaurus (microcontrollers; broader term: microprocessor chips; related terms: controllers, neurocontrollers, storage management chips, system-on-chip)
- found: Webopedia, Dec. 26, 2007: microcontroller (A highly integrated chip that contains all the components comprising a controller. Typically this includes a CPU, RAM, some form of ROM, I/O ports, and timers. Unlike a general-purpose computer, which also includes all of these components, a microcontroller is designed for a very specific task -- to control a particular system. As a result, the parts can be simplified and reduced, which cuts down on production costs. Microcontrollers are sometimes called embedded microcontrollers, which just means that they are part of an embedded system -- that is, one part of a larger device or system.)
- found: LC database, Jan. 4, 2008 (microcontrollers; embedded microcontrollers; small microcontrollers; 16-bit microcontrollers; PIC microcontrollers; PIC16/17 microcontrollers; PIC18 microcontrollers; automotive microcontrollers; 8051 microcontroller; 8051 family of microcontrollers; 68HC11 microcontroller; Motorola MC68332 microcontroller; H8 microcontroller; HC11 microcontroller; AVR microcontroller)
- 2008-01-04: new
- 2008-02-07: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.