- Here are entered works on the use of ecosystems and their resources in a manner that satisfies current needs while allowing them to persist for the use of future generations.
- Sustainability science
- found: Work cat.: Langzeitverantwortung, c2008: cover p. 4 (long-term responsibility is a key concept in the discussion about sustainability ("Langzeitverantwortung ist ein Schlüsselbegriff in der Diskussion um Nachhaltigkeit"))
- found: Wikipedia, Jan. 15, 2009 (Sustainability, in a broad sense, is the capacity of maintaining a certain process or state. It is now most frequently used in connection with biological and human systems.)
- found: EPA Web site, Jan. 14, 2009: sustainability page (Sustainability means "meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs." "We have a responsibility to sustain - if not enhance - our natural environment and our nation's economy for future generations." -Steve Johnson, Administrator, U.S. EPA)
- found: Ehrenfeld, John. Sustainability by design, 2008: jkt., p. ii (Sustainability is the possibility that humans and other life will flourish on Earth forever)
Here are entered works on the use of ecosystems and their resources in a manner that satisfies current needs while allowing them to persist for the use of future generations.
headings beginning with the word Sustainable, Green, or Environmental e.g. [Environmental policy; Green technology; Sustainable development]
- 2009-01-15: new
- 2015-01-26: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.