New media art
New media art
- Here are entered works on art that incorporates electronic and digital technology, including video and other forms of motion and sound media.
- found: Work cat.: Graham, Beryl. Rethinking curating, 2010: CIP t.p. (new media) galley (broadly, art that is made using electronic media technology, and which displays any or all of the three behaviors of interactivity, connectivity, and computability in any combination; artworks that may have science or technology as a theme, but that do not use electronic media technology for its production and distribution, are not at the center of this book; the term "new media" without the "art" usually refers to commercial broadcast forms such as interactive television)
- found: ArtLex, May 6, 2009 (New media or new-media; refers to interdisciplinary works utilizing recently developed electronic media)
- found: BHA, May 6, 2009 (descriptor: New media)
- found: MIT Press website, May 6, 2009 (subtopic New media under Arts)
- found: Oxford art online, May 6, 2009 (new media art)
- found: LC database, May 6, 2009 (new media art; new media)
- found: WorldCat search, May 6, 2009 (new media art)
- found: AAT, Dec. 13, 2016 (New media art: art that uses new means of mass communication, specifically electronic and digital technology, inclusive of video and other forms of motion and sound media)
Here are entered works on art that incorporates electronic and digital technology, including video and other forms of motion and sound media.
- 2009-05-06: new
- 2017-01-09: revised
The LC Linked Data Service welcomes any suggestions you might have about terminology used for a given heading or concept.
Would you like to suggest a change to this heading?
Please provide your name, email, and your suggestion so that we can begin assessing any terminology changes.
Fields denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.